Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Check One

Well, we had our first check point today at the doctor office and it was passed without any concern!  All of my follicles appeared to be similar in size and all very small which is exactly what we wanted.

So now I will be taking 2 shots a day, and they are both shots that I will be able to administer to myself which I am used to - or at least I was and I'm sure it will all come back to me :) Neither of them look too scary, it is just a process.  My evening shot requires mixing powder with liquid and switching needles on the syringe, I will feel like a nurse for the next 10 days LOL  Maybe I'll take a picture, but I have a feeling no one really wants to see me poking myself with a needle.

The biggest challenge for me will be that I have to take the shots at specific times everyday - I am very forgetful about that kind of stuff and now that I don't have a job that requires it, I don't always have my phone on me so setting an alarm on there won't work.  Although, I am getting a new phone tomorrow...Jer got me an iPhone for an early Christmas gift, and I will probably being playing with that a lot getting used to it.  I have also set several alarm clocks in our house and I have Jer to help me out with remembering.

Another big milestone reached today - I am (finally) officially approved by our insurance for infertility coverage.  There was quite a long process I have been going through for several months to prove to Aetna that I indeed need assistance conceiving.  I guess they finally have enough evidence and I also got confirmation that the coverage does "re-set" on January 1st, so if the procedure does not work, we will not have to wait very long to try again.  And I guess it is 'good' that due to the ectopic in February and the resulting surgery our deductible is already met for this year so our out of pocket is really the lowest it could be (which is not saying much!!).

So next step is another check in with the doctor in a week.  This time we will be looking to see if the follicles are all growing together and at the rate that the doctor wants.  Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers, you have no idea how much it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment