Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Time to Make the Babies

We got up early this morning after not getting much sleep (at least on my end) because I was pretty anxious about the procedure and being put under anesthesia and we traveled 45 minutes to a surgery center in Rochester Hills.

Once there there was a lot of waiting, at least that is how it seemed and finally we were brought back into the surgery prep area.  I was hooked up to an IV and talked with the anesthesiologist and my doctor.  My doctor reiterated that it was most likely too risky to move forward with the implementation this month but he would wait to see how things looked and make that final call tomorrow.

I gave Jer a kiss and went into the procedure room, I guess technically it is an OR.  I sat on the bed, laid back and next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room.  I woke up very sleepy of course, but I came out of it quite well. They gave me juice and crackers and Vicodin and I was all set!  At this point I already felt a lot better, the thing that was giving me the most anxiety was being put out.  I heard somewhere once that every time you are put out there is a chance you won't come back to.  Who knows if that is true or not, probably not, but it still isn't something to be taken lightly.

A nurse came in and said everything went great and they were able to get 14 eggs.  So those eggs will be fertilized and they are going to call me tomorrow to let me know how many of the 14 are moving to the next stage.  They are also going to let me know if the transfer is going to happen this week or next month. If the transfer does have to wait, it will not involve all the injections and hormones that I have been through thus far so they keep telling me the "hard part" is over.  Now it is a different kind of hard...waiting.  We are waiting for all the check points to clear and then we are waiting to see if I get pregnant and then we are waiting to see if the pregnancy sticks.

Thanks so much for the prayers and support, I feel good about where we have gotten to thus far and I know we will be adding to our family shortly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment